I love French Tip manicures. They have a classic look and can go with any occasion.
I sometimes change up the style from using the traditional clear or light pink polish with a white tip to a darker pink with a light pink tip, a blue polish with a white tip or even add some glitter to the tip.
I love lace nails but it always looked so complicated or it seemed a lot of tools were needed.
I heard you can use a bobby pin or a pen as a dotting tool. I tried a few different ways and finally found one I liked!
It is very simple to do and is a great alternative to the traditional french tip.
Here is what you need:
- Bobby Pin
- Sharp Tip Pen
- Wax Paper (small piece)
- Base coat
- one color of polish for base (I used a dark pink)
- one color polish for tip ( I used white)
- Top Coat
- if needed Quick Dry Drops
1. Apply base coat and Base Color
2. Apply second color to tips of nails ( Doesn't need to be perfect line)
3. Drop a few drops of the second (tip) polish onto wax paper, using the bobby pin, dip it into polish and make a dot on nail where the two colors combine
4. Drop a few drops of the base color onto wax paper, using the sharp tip pen, dip it into polish and make a dot in the centre of the dots you just made
5. Apply a top coat and quick dry drops and you are done!
It is that easy!!
Hope you enjoy and please send me any pictures of your nails!!