Whether you wear makeup everyday or not, here are the 5 essential items I think should be in every makeup bag.
1) A good eyelash curler. Even if you decide not to wear makeup, curling your eyelashes will open the eyes and give a refreshed look.
2) A dark eyeliner. Applying eyeliner will give eyes that POP.
3) Mascara. Dramatic lashes just make you look more awake. It keeps focus on your eyes and not on something like a big pimple.
4) Concealer that exactly matches your skin tone. You might have heard advice to have a concealer a shade lighter than your skin for under-eye circles and dark spots, but for that pimple mentioned in #3, you're going to need one that matches your skin tone. Otherwise you actually highlight the pimple making it more noticeable.
5) A subtle sparkly eye shadow. Beige, champagne - something light with abit of shimmer. You can put it on your lids for a soft effect or in the inner corners to open eyes up or even along your cheekbones to make them look higher. So versatile! A great substitute for Highlighter.
Of course, there are a lot of other great things that can be in a make up bag but these are the five I think everyone should have.
What would be on your list?