This is a great way to have either a subtle nail design or something a little more dramatic.
These are a few designs I like to use with a matte top coat.
Matte is a color, paint, or surface that is dull and flat - has no shine.
Which makes it super easy to make nail designs with!
Here is what you need:
- Base Coat
- Black Nail polish
- Glossy Nail polish
- Matte Top Coat
- Shiny Top Coat
- Start by applying a base coat to the nails. Because we are using a black nail polish, applying a base coat is very important to prevent staining and protect the nail.
- Apply black polish to the nails. Apply a matte top coat.
- Let the matte coat completely dry.
- Using a shiny top coat, apply to the tips of the nail (French Tip).
- With a toothpick, apply swirls onto the nail. Then apply a few dots in between the swirls.
- Using the same steps as above, except instead of a shiny top coat use a glossy nail polish color( I used Gold).
- Apply swirls and a few dots in between the swirls.
**There is no need to apply a top coat as it will ruin the manicure.**
- Revlon Matte Top Coat • Revlon • $4.99
- Essie 'Good To Go!' Top Coat • Essie • $10.00
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color, Invisible • Sally Hansen • $1.89–2.26
- Revlon Quick Dry Base Coat 955 • Revlon • $4.60