I love mixing polka dots and stripes.
I think this manicure is super cute and the pink polish makes it feel like spring.
You, of course, can use any colors you would like!
I did use a dotting tool and scotch tape (you can any of these DIY Nail art tools for some great household nail art tools).
I used scotch tape to make the stripes, I made the tape less tacky by putting the tape on the back of my hand. Then I cut it into strips.
I find this is much easier than my shaky hands trying to make clean lines.
Here are the steps:
- Don't forget to protect the nails by applying a base coat. Apply a base color (I chose dark pink on my pointer, ring and pinky finger - for striped nails I used a light pink base color). Let dry completely.
- Using a dotting tool apply dots using a lighter polish.
- Apply strips of scotch tape to the nails, apply a dark polish onto the nails. Wait 10 seconds to get clean lines and slowly remove the tape.
- Apply a fast drying top coat for a glossy shine.
Hope you share your designs with me on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter using #BU10nails.
- Revlon Quick Dry Base Coat 955 • Revlon • $4.60
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color • Sally Hansen • $1.89–2.99
- Julep Color Treat Nail Polish • $14
- Essie 'Good To Go!' Top Coat • Essie • $10.00
- Nicole by OPI Nicole Drying Drops for Nail Lacquer • Ulta • $6.99
- 15Pcs Nail Art Design Painting Drawing Brushes White + 5 X 2 Way Marbleizing Dotting Pen Tools Set • $4.13