I've been wanting to share this DIY Scrub with you for so long! It is a wonderfully aromatic, skin softening scrub.
It is really easy to make and the ingredients were already in my pantry.
Most recipes I found used already used coffee grounds, I rarely make coffee at home.
This recipe uses dry coffee grounds.
Coffee has a tightening and stimulating affect on skin and it is often used in anti-aging products.
Coconut Oil nourishes the skin .
Brown Sugar naturally exfoliates the skin.
Sea Salt for texture.
Vanilla - it smells so good.
Here is what you need:
- ½ cup finely ground coffee
- ½ cup organic brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- ½ teaspoons natural Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- an old container
- Place the coffee and sugar in a medium size bowl.
- Add the sea salt, vanilla and mix well.
- Add the Coconut oil and stir with a fork or the back of a spoon until well mixed and moistened.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as desired for soft skin.
I found this also is especially good on legs for helping with cellulite. I used the product on one leg to see if there were results, this was from using the scrub for 2 weeks.
If you are a paley ( light skin) like me who doesn't tan, it gives a light glow to the skin.
- makes skin super soft
- shower smells amazing and scent lingers on skin
- helps with cellulite
- sun-kissed glow (if you are light skinned)
- it get all over the shower and bathtub.Be prepared to leave the shower going after you get out.
I really enjoyed this Vanilla Coffee Scrub, hope you do too!