I don’t usually like watermelon, I usually only have a slice once a year...I know I’m probably the only person in the world who doesn't like watermelon…
But I love these watermelon nails!
This design is adorable and easy to do!
It looks like it would be difficult but in a few easy steps you have a Watermelon French tip on your nails.
I used a nailart brush but you can use a toothpick to get the same effect.
I purchased my Nail art brush at my local art supply store for a couple of dollars.
Here’s what you need:
- Top Coat
- Or a toothpick
- Apply a base coat to help protect the nails.
- Apply Red Nail Polish to the nails.
- Apply White nail polish to the tips of the nails – like an exaggerated French tip. I found using white polish helped the green show up more against the red background.
- Apply the Dark Green nail polish to the tip of the nail, leaving some white showing.
- Using a toothpick or nail art brush, apply vertical stripes down the tip of the nail (only the green part). I made 3 to 4 stripes on my nails.
- Using a toothpick or nail art brush, apply short black lines for the seeds. I don't like seeds so I applied 3 lines per nail.
- Apply a fast drying top coat to give your mani a beautiful shine.
This design is perfect for summer!!
Hope you found this to be fun and easy!
If you would like to recreate this design, please use #BU10nails and follow me on Instagram,Facebook or Twitter.