Have you ever heard about skin icing? Skin icing is something I have been doing for years, it’s part of my beauty routine.
It basically is using cold water or ice cubes on the skin, it’s also one of the most popular modern beauty rituals.
It contributes to better looking skin. It has long been used in spas and skin care treatments because of its numerous skin benefits.
According to health experts, skin icing is able to:
- Refresh the face
- Prevent the formation of wrinkles
- Fight acne and blemishes
- Improve blood circulation and give the skin a healthy complexion
Skin icing should be done in the morning and/or evening. Follow these instructions:
1. First, cleanse your face thoroughly.
2. Wrap one or two ice cubes in any other kind of soft cloth like a dish cloth.
3. Once the ice starts melting and dampens the cloth, you should apply it to the face.
4. Hold the washcloth on different areas of the face for about one to two minutes.
5. Then using circular movements, move the ice gently up along the chin and the jaw line, up the cheeks, and along the forehead and nose. Be careful with the sensitive area underneath your eyes.
6. Let the wetness from the ice cube dry. Finish with toner and moisturizer.
Here are some more benefits:
Skin icing helps tighten and shrink enlarged pores by helping to unclog pores that can appear larger due to debris and excess sebum. Skin icing tones skin and makes it look smooth.
Skin icing is not an expensive skin toner and is great when applied before makeup. It minimizes the pores underneath the makeup, helping the foundation look smooth and flawless. Try icing your face and after that, apply your primer.
Skin icing improves blood circulation. Ice tightens blood vessels and less blood goes to the skin surface. In cases of inflammation or swelling, skin icing is great. The body responds to the cold treatment by sending an increased flow of warm blood to the treated area.
Great for Puffy Eyes
Skin icing reduces swellings, and thus reduces the bags under your eyes.
Icing relieves the signs of wrinkles and slows the creation of new wrinkles.
Additionally, skin icing is great for pimples, because it reduces swelling and redness. The ice also eases irritation.
You can use the skin icing technique once you notice a new pimple. It will slow the inflammation. This will reduce the size and number of blemishes. You should hold an ice cube on the acne for several seconds. Repeat the treatment every other day.
- You do not always have to use a cloth when you apply the ice cubes, but it is recommended that you use gloves so that the cubes will not melt right away.
- You should not worry in a case you cannot use ice directly on the skin. You will get the same results, by holding the cubes with a soft cloth.
- Extreme cold can damage the small capillaries under the skin, so don’t use the ice cubes right out of the freezer.
- Avoid using ice if you already have broken capillaries and do not use it for too long.
- If you do not feel comfortable, you should stop the treatment. The icing should not be applied for more than 15 minutes.
- If you want to have better results, you can add lemon, rosewater, green tea, cucumber, chamomile tea, and other skin-friendly ingredients to the water for the ice cubes, depending on your skin type.