Plaid tends to come and go, but for now it's back and it's perfect for nail art.
The plaid design uses many lines in different directions.
You can use any combination of colors you love to create the look so it looks great with any outfit and depending on the colors, great for any season.
Plaid nail art is pretty easy but you will need some time and a steady hand.
I used a striping brush but you can also use a toothpick or scotch tape to get clean lines.
The key is not to hurry.
Draw the lines slowly.
Practice makes perfect so it’s a good idea to practice drawing the lines on a piece of paper before applying to the nails.
You can do accent nails or, if you have the patience, draw the pattern on all nails.
Here’s what you need:
- Top Coat
- Apply a base coat to help protect the nails, this also prevents the polish from chipping.
- Apply a base color to the nails, I chose a bright blue. Let dry completely.
- Paint a horizontal stripe across the tip of the nail with a nail striper or toothpick.
- Paint one vertical stripe over the horizontal ones. I like to stay to one side of the nail.
- Continue the same steps using a couple of other colors, I used silver and white nail polishes.
- Apply a fast drying top coat.
This super easy manicure can be used anytime of the year and it’s great for making shorter nails look longer!