With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, it’s easy to get into a routine leaving less time for romance and date nights with your partner.
A few years ago, I created this DIY Date Ideas Jar.
We decided to make crafts for each other for Valentine’s Day and this was one of the crafts I decided to do.
If you are anything like us, finding activities that both you and your partner enjoy can become discouraging, and sometimes the easiest thing to do is dinner and a movie.
But sometimes the repetitive dinner and a movie routine can become somewhat boring.
It’s also hard to get creative if you are on a budget.
So if you are looking to get creative with your spouse or significant other then check out this neat project.
I added “Date Ideas under $10” that I think both me and my husband will enjoy.
You can always add some activities that fit your lifestyle and relationship as well.
The purpose is to get out of the usual routine and have a date night – just you and your partner.
With this DIY Project you will need the following:
1) Any type of Jar (I just purchased mine at the Dollar store)
2) Strips of Paper
I used Microsoft WORD to create and print my templates but you can be as creative as you want.
- Choose/ create a label to use for your jar – I just taped mine to the jar
- Write date ideas onto strips of paper
- Roll the paper up and place a ribbon around it
- Place into jar
- Place loose strips of ribbon into jar for decoration
When you decide to have a Date Night, just reach in, pick an idea ribbon and that is what you will do for your date, of course things like weather and timing will effect whether or not you can do the date at that time but you can always pick another idea if needed.
These are low cost ideas that can mostly be done on a whim.
Here are a few ideas I used:
1) Watch the Sunset
2) Go to a bakery, pick out a cookie and find a nice place to sit and eat cookie
3) Visit an Antique store together
4) Pack a picnic lunch
5) Hit the Arcade
6) Have a Slow Dance
7) Grab a coffee and spend some time on a walk
8) Board Game Night (Just the two of you)
9) Go to a Farmers’ Market
10) Get Ice Cream cones
11) Fly a Kite
12) Bake a sweet treat together
13) Have a Wine Tasting
14) Play catch
15) Take on a project together
Hope you enjoy this project and find some creative activities to do with your significant other. :-)