Exfoliating should be an important part of everyone’s shower routine on a weekly basis.
There are many benefits including reducing the appearance of cellulite and eliminating dry skin, which unclogs pores, promoting faster cell turnover.
A higher cell turnover rate helps give your skin a radiant, refreshed look.
Because of the cold air outside and the heat indoors, this time of year can be very drying to your skin.
A professional massage therapist from BVspa provides a few tips below to deeply exfoliate while moisturizing skin.
Exfoliating with Salt Scrub
- Use BVspa Salt Scrub on DRY skin before entering the shower.
- Scrub in a circular motion focusing on dry/rough patches of skin.
- BVspa Salt Scrub contains Dead Sea Salt which is a natural purifier that removes the toxins blocking the pores of the skin.
- Leave the scrub on your skin for 3-4 minutes before rinsing off. The salt scrub will tighten on your skin, allowing the oils to seep into your pores.
- When in the shower, after rinsing off the salt scrub, do not use a body wash as it will strip your skin of its natural oils as well as the oils you just applied from the BVspa Salt Scrub.
- After the shower, apply BVspa Body Butter and focus particularly on dry, calloused areas.
- Apply a second layer of BVspa Body Butter or BVspa Body Lotion on these problem areas for best results.
BVspa products can be found at Shoppers Drug Mart or on their website at http://www.bvspa.ca